Signal-to-Noise is a creative media collective led by Oliver Wilshen and Niall Quinn. They create audio-visual installations, exploratory interfaces and devices.
Nominations & Awards
- First prize for “Interfaces” Interactive Art Competition Research Centre for Science and Technology of the Arts, Porto, Portugal. May 2013.
- ‘Sonophore’ by Signal to Noise. Jury Selection Work. Japan Media Arts Festival 2012
- ‘Denoted Structures’ by Oliver Wilshen was awarded a Nagoya University of the Arts Prize 2009
Publications & Articles
- Posthumanism, technology, and a glimpse of the future. CONTEMPORARY LYNX MAGAZINE 2(6)2016. October 2016
- NEURAL 51, REVIVE. REMAP, robotic tape access. ISSUE #51, SUMMER 2015
- Sansone, Nicole. Magnetic Audiotape Used To Bring Medieval Church To Life The Creators Project. Nov 6 2013.
- Signal to Noise Interview, LandEscape Online Arts Journal April 2013.
- R. Klanten, S. Ehmann, V. Hanschke. A Touch of Code: Interactive Installations and Experiences Gestalten. 2011.
- O.Wilshen. Denoted Structures. Aldrich Collection, Brighton University. 2009.
- REMAP, Sounding DIY, Chalton Gallery, Camden, London. April 2017.
- REMAP Anarchronism Espace Mulitmedia Ganter, Bourogne, France. 30th April- 9th July 2016.
- Analogue Tape Glove Oddstream Expositie Nijmegen, Netherlands. 18th March- 27th March 2016.
- REMAP In Sonora Medialab Prado, Madrid, Spain. 10th-12th March 2016
- REMAP Piksel Festival Østre, Bergen, Norway. 19th November 2015
- I’MTEN Birthday Card, IMT Gallery, London. 17 September – 2 October 2015
- REMAP (Live Performance) Digital Humanities Lab , University of Sussex, Brighton. 5th July 2015
- REMAP Anarchronism iMal, Brussels, Belgium. 13th May- 14th June 2015
- Analogue Tape Glove Musicircus New Media Gallery, New Westminster,BC, Canada. 15th Sept- 15th Nov 2014
- Sonophore Wycombe Listening: A Sound Art Event High Wycombe, UK. 31st May 2014.
- Sonophore Whitley Arts Festival Reading, UK. 25th Oct 2013.
- Sonic Plotter Prototype V&A Digital Futures Showcase, London, UK. June 2013.
- Sonophore Interfaces: 10th Black & White Audiovisual Festival Porto, Portugal. 22-25 May 2013.
- Sonophore Toolkit Festival Venice, Italy. 7-12 May 2013.
- Sonophore Pixxelpoint Festival Nova Gorica, Slovenia. 7-14 December 2012.
- Sonophore Soundasaurus Festival Epcor Center, Calgary, Canada. 15-18 November 2012.
- Sonophore Japan Media Arts Festival National Art Centre, Tokyo. 27th February – March 4th 2012.
- Sonophore De La Warr Pavillion Bexhill-on-Sea, UK. 25th November 2011.
- Sonophore VAD Digital Festival Girona, Spain. 6th-15th October 2011.
- Sonophore Skibberreen Arts Festival County Cork, Ireland. 24th-30th July 2011.
- Analogue Tape Glove “What Now” Festival Siobhan Davies Studios, London, UK. 16th-17th April 2011.
- Analogue Tape Glove Les Bouillants Festival Vern-Sur-Seiche, France. 9th April- 9th May 2011.
- Artist Residency at Blast Theory Studios, Portslade, UK, February 2011
- Analogue Tape Glove UAMO Munich, Germany. 20th April- 24th October 2010.
- Analogue Tape Glove Bumbershoot Arts Festival Seattle Center, Seattle USA. 4th- 6th September 2010.
- Analogue Tape Glove Soundwaves Festival Sallis Benney, Brighton, UK. 16th-18th July 2010.
- Analogue Tape Glove Beatabet Exhibition Phoenix Gallery, Brighton, UK. November 2nd- December 2nd, 2009.
- Denoted Structures Burt Brill and Cardens Degree Show University of Brighton, Brighton, UK. May/June 2009 (Oliver Wilshen).
- Preempting Descent Burt Brill and Cardens Degree Show University of Brighton, Brighton, UK. May/June 2009 (Niall Quinn).